How will you find tenants for my property?Your property, along with photos, will be advertised on our website and on various rental marketing directories. We also thoroughly screen applicants. A Property Information Sheet will be prepared for your property with all the necessary information.
What is usually looked for in tenants?
- Stability of employment - this will give you an indication of whether the tenant will be likely to stay for the nominated lease period and whether they will have the funds to pay for it.
- Good credit history - ability to pay the rent.
- Avoid over crowding - ask about the number of people who will be living in the property. Over crowding can cause excessive wear and tear.
- Proof of identity - ask the property manager to take a photocopy of a drivers license.
- For a list of approval criteria, click here.
How much will my investment property lease for?Your lease rate is going to be determined by several market factors including the condition of the property, location, and the rental rates for competing homes in the immediate area. Unfortunately, the markets that dictate lease rates vary vastly from the markets that influence value of properties. Please contact our office and we can discuss this with you as it relates to your specific property. Ask us how much you could expect in rent.